Wednesday, September 21, 2005


Hurricane Rita is presently bearing down on my home. The family is on the road and pretty prepared for times like this. I times like these, when you have to look around your house and decide what to take and what to leave, that you have to face up to what it is that you believe is truly important. Some things that seem valuable lose their value when you start thinking about the necessities of life.

My wife and daughter got out and that's all that I care about. If they're safe then the world is right. Recently, the three of us were flying back to Houston from Philadelphia. The plane was flying high and faster than usual and we were experiencing a lot of turbulence and it felt like the plane might go down. Rochelle looked at me with a worried expression. I looked back at her and said, "Everything important to me is on this plane."

They are the most important people in the world to me and their safety is all that matters.

May God bless and protect us all as we endure this coming storm.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love ya, bro! We're headed out ourselves. See ya on the other side!

RD said...

We've been thinking about you guys as we read CNN. Glad to hear you're safe. We'll be anxious to hear how everything fared after the storm is gone. Love and miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, me and the fam are in Abilene. We're out and well, but it took us 28 hours to get here. Hope ya'll had better luck and that you're doing OK.

Sean said...

Zach,

Hey you made it back to Abilene. I knew you'd find a way to get back before they ran any more test. Good luck. Tell your family I said hello.