Monday, October 09, 2006

Quick Hitters...

A new dose of my favorite commercials www.apple.com/getamac/
-----------------

For those of you who don't know, my wife, Rochelle, is pregnant again. She is due in February! My old college roomate, Chad, and his wife just had a baby boy. One of the guys in my current prayer group is expecting his first son in February. One of the kids I used to teach while I was in college is expecting her first daughter soon. And one of the other ministers on staff here is adopting a baby from China soon. Everywhere I turn it's baby fever.

We're having a girl, any name ideas?

----------------

My main football team, the Florida State Seminoles are down. My second team, and my wife's graduate school alma mater, Texas, is back in the National Championship hunt. Texas' QB's parents and grandparents went to Abilene Christian University, of which I serve on the Alumni Advisory Board. Gotta be good people!

----------------

I've been reading a lot of church history lately. It's amazing the church has survived. Only God could work through such feeble people.

Blessings....

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are there really any options? It's gonna be Fantasia... You laughed before, but now you know that real people can have such a name. It's perfect.

Anonymous said...

Sean, I bequeath to you and Rochelle all the girl names I never got to use: Anna, Rebecca (Becca for short), Mollie, Joy. Use any or all (or not) as you see fit. I'm sure Zach is glad he didn't get stuck with any of them!

(...And may Zach be blessed with a wife who absolutely MUST name their first daughter Fantasia, after the wife's rich aunt! The paternal grandmother will, of course, call the child "Fanny", at every opportunity.)

Zach's Mom

Anonymous said...

Sean You The Man. I Think Cindy would be a good name. or maybe Maria, Malina, Or Mickie.
RP

ClayMan said...

Nichole's a good name, so is Kristen. :)

RD said...

I think 'Fluvanna' is a beautiful name. It's a nice city in Texas (http://fluvanna.texas.com/) but it's also delicate and lady-like personal name.

Seriously Sean, does your wife know you're soliciting for name ideas on your blog? Somehow I think she won't approve.

-Russ

Sean said...

You guys are really helpful. Fluvanna? Fantasia? If we were going to name our daughter after a small town in Texas we would name her, Rochelle.

Here's our dilemma: The names we like people near or close to us are already using--Sarah, Mikaela, etc... We had a great name for a boy from 2 Kings, but, well, you know that story.

Malia thinks we name her, Lucy-goosy. I don't think that'll stick though.

I thought some of you guys might come through for me.

Anonymous said...

Zach has the right idea, I'm with him. I bet Clifford would back us up too.

Speaking of football, ACU is 6-0! Go Wild Cats!!!

~Jonathan

RD said...

Well, as I already mentioned in my email . . . I think Rebecca is good. Or Renee would do.
- Rebecca Renee Debenport