Sunday, January 21, 2007

Colts vs Bears!

Two African-American coaches in the Super-Bowl. It's already a win for me! And, what's more, they're both good, good men! The real win will be the day when the color of the coaches won't matter.

It's too early for me to pick a winner, but I'm torn. I have always liked Peyton Manning and I love Tony Dungy and feel that they lost the AFC Championship game last year in large part because Dungy's son had recently died. On the other hand, defense -- as they say -- wins championships. And Chicago sure has that! But they also have Rex Groosman, and it's hard to have faith in him at QB!

At the end of the day, I think I'll be pulling for the Colts.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Bears.American Idol is funny.

Sean said...

Anonymous,

I'm not sure who you are, but thanks for coming by the blog. I think the Bears have a good chance of winning the game. If Grossman doesn't lose it for them, the defense and running game can surely win it. Urlacher is a freak of nature. Did you see him almost catch Reggie Bush on that 80-yard pass - and from the other side of the field no less?

As for American Idol, I'm not the judge of what's funny or not, but I am a Christian. And in my view (and certainly their is not universal agreement) I have to question laughing at other's weaknesses or oddities, especially when they're set-up to be laughed at. That - for my money, at least - is not what I think Jesus would do. And as a father I'm trying to be pretty deliberate to not raise two girls that view people as objects and fodder for my enjoyment. I want them to see the innate dignity that comes with being human - a dignity that when diminished in one person diminishes us all. You may not share that conviction, but that's where I find myself.

Blessings.

Simpsongirl said...

Well, you know our home will be pulling for the Bears! But, you have the right to your own opinion. I agree with you on the American Idol assessment, however. I watched the Seattle episode again today and it was just mean-spirited. The world needs more love, not more critics.