Friday, May 11, 2007

The Irresistible Revolution / The Future Church...Hopefully

In order to get more "reading" done, I've started to listen to books on CD. Last week I picked up the mp3 of Shane Claiborne's "The Irresistible Revolution."

It is a powerful message that has been close to my heart for a long time, though I think I'm better at talking and writing about it than doing it. Claiborne's life challenges in the same way that Mother Teresa - whom he interned under - challenges.

When I think of the future church, I hope what Claiborne is doing is right at the heart of it, though that spells unease and trouble for most of us.

1 comment:

Simpsongirl said...

That's cool, Sean. Can you imagine working with Mother Teresa?

We are all better at talking and writing about it -- but that's a good place to start. You know the old adage - "the first step is admitting that (we) have a problem". The present day church has several big obstacles to overcome. And their names are... Just kidding!! Well, mostly kidding.

I hope the future church is more like what God intended. There is work to be done.

Thanks for your post and the clip.