Monday, April 30, 2007

Missional and other things...

I've been talking to a lot of people about Missional Church. The scope of the discussion is extremely broad, and the language itself gets used by so many people many so many different things that it's difficult to get your head around. Though I've been immersed in the literature for about 6 years now, I am always fascinated by the folks who are really put off by the concepts.

For those of you familiar with Missional Ecclesiology and Missional Renewal, please comment or e-mail me about what excites you about it, or what concerns / worries you about it the shift from churchianity to Christianity.

----

Our family is off to Malibu this week. Rochelle and I will be teaching at the Pepperdine University Bible Lectures. I will also be doing a session for high school students called "The Pepperdine View." Our girls are going with us and my mom is flying from Georgia to join us on the journey.

----

Our 3-year-old is struggling to potty train -- or rather her parents are struggling with training her. Any helpful ideas?

----

Much love to you all!

2 comments:

ClayMan said...

Missional - as I told Melanie, I would love to see more missional work. We've been good at going to places like Uganda, but what about Montrose?

Potty-training - Some are quicker than others. Tips:
- make her change her own sheets (yes, at 3-years-old)
- Don't use Pull-Ups (I don't know if you are or not)
- Physically put her on the pot every hour. If she doesn't go, put her on the pot every ten minutes until she does. When she goes, give her a sticker to put in her "Potty Book".

These are tricks that worked for us.

Good luck! :)

RD said...

I can relate with the missional church approach much more easily than the "church as taxidermy" approach (preserved for heaven).

rd