Thursday, May 03, 2007

The Pride of My Life...

One of the truths of my life is that I get a lot of attention. Certainly, some of that attention is negative and critical, but the lion's share is positive. I get to write some, travel and speak and have people gush about how I've blessed their lives. But today, I get to gush about someone who has blessed my life -- my wife, Rochelle.

This morning, Rochelle and I taught a session at the Pepperdine Bible Lectures. This was our first joint session. I honestly thought my stuff was the best part of our class. Well, that was before we actually presented the class. I was blown away. She outdid me. And trust me, that hardly ever happens!

Rochelle did a fabulous job today, and I am very proud! In the past 2 months, my wife has given birth to a baby, organized and ran a women's retreat, taught our church's women's Bible study and a Sunday School class, lived with a husband who has been out of town several weekends and somehow managed to put together the best class that I've heard all week (and that's not husband grandiosity and pride).

What a woman!!

Nearly ten years ago, as Rochelle and I were about to get married, my mom said to me, "I couldn't have picked a better wife."

My mom has never been more right.

3 comments:

ClayMan said...

Rochelle is definitely a sweetheart. And you make her work too hard! LOL

RD said...

So true. Thanks to both of you for giving us great memories this year at Pepperdine. I am blessed to have you as friends.
-Russ

RD said...

I know Russ already commented but I think I'm allowed to comment too. You guys both did a FANTASTIC job! And I understand your pride . . . I was proud to be Rochelle's oldest friend in the room. It was great to see you four - we need to do it again.